Friday, September 29, 2006

Meet the blogger

Let me start by introducing myself.

My name is Darren Whitley. I am the university photographer for Northwest Missouri State University in Maryville, Mo. I've worked here since August of 2000. My responsibilities include photography for the university website, publications, alumni association and foundation, athletics, marketing, admissions and public relations. I have a student employee who helps me do my job.

Prior to working at the university I worked for the Southwest Daily Times in Liberal, Kan., as their chief photographer.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hello Darren,

I have some questions concerning adobe bridge and handling a quantity of raw files. A few of the question include: adjusting raw files, saving them as tiffs for later publishing or producing light jet prints. I would also like to save them as jpegs for web use. I would like to talk with you if possible. I can be reached by my gmail google account: alankatowitz@gmail.com I am a commercial photography based in Vancouver, BC.

Another subject is the Gary Fong light sphere: do you use the clear or cloud? I am attaching a Flicker.com gallery of a recent assignment, I have completed using a stofen difuser on a Nikon SB 80DX. I believe I achieved credible results. My question is, would I improve my results with a Gary Fong light sphere? By the way I photoshoped over 450 images which were edited down to the 185 in the flicker set. I did adjust: levels, shadow and hightlight, and clone tool adjustments on facial glare and removal of spots on faces etc. http://www.flickr.com/photos/7962401@N07/sets/72157600144946545/

best regards,

Alan Katowitz
www.alankatowitz.com

1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home