Monday, April 21, 2008

Trapeze background system



I recorded this video in my studio at work to show how our trapeze background system works. This system allows him to quickly change background fabrics. For me, it was a way to change backgrounds quickly and stay off a ladder.

This short video shows an inexpensive studio background system any photographer can create from hardware supplies bought at a local lumber yard.

A couple design notes:

1. I wouldn't put heavy eye bolt on the tubing if I had to do it again. As profiled, my own won't allow me to slip a seemless onto this tube. Instead, drill a hole in the end of the tube for the d-ring. This allows a photographer to remove the pulley rope temporarily and easily slip on a seemless paper background when needed.

2. The cam cleats cost about $50 to buy from a sail boat supply store in Kansas City. That was the most expensive component for us.

Props to Bill Bateman Photography for showing me his trapeze, which was the first I ever saw. Bill shoots seniors and families.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home