Saturday, September 08, 2012

A new school year and new ideas for the blog

September is the beginning of my 13th year at Northwest Missouri State University. My wife and I moved here in August of 2000 after school had already started. We lived in a residence hall for a month, ate microwave food and restaurants as well. After that first month we moved into a house that was listed for sale by a coworker. The stay there was memorable as we witnessed a faculty member and her husband caring for their newborn next door. I discovered the power of a good microwave and we watched The Wedding Singer on my big-ass Gateway desktop computer. After those first six weeks we finally got into a duplex. And two years later we bought our first home. We transitioned somewhere along the way from sleeping on a futon mattress to a real bed, furniture and two good vehicles. The only thing that hasn't changed is we still live like college students staying up until midnight. In the meantime as a professional photographer I started a sports photography business that boomed and then faded as others entered the market. And almost everything I've photographed at work has been done ten times over. It used to be every opportunity was irreplaceable. Now, I use much more of my student's time to photograph events. That said, it brings me to the point. My intention with this blog was never very clear and I didn't have a grasp on what to even post. However, my responsibilities at work have changed to include producing videos for Northwest. The blog will now focus on trying to document what we do at work with our video initiatives and how we're trying to take modest video equipment to create videos about Northwest. I hope to show how we've made some of our own equipment and modified other equipment to meet our needs. It's not my intention to call a lot of attention to the blog at first. The first goal is going to be linking and profiling what we do and trying to develop a depth of content.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home